Local Chapter Leadership Resources
Reaching out to CDI peers needn’t seem daunting. Chances are others in your area want to connect as much as you especially in such a growing profession. Below chapter leaders from across the country have collaborated to craft a "toolkit" to help as you begin your efforts and advance your networking capabilities.
Click on the links for tips and sample documents. If you need additional assistance contact ACDIS Associate Director Melissa Varnavas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the Chapter Advisor Board and leaders from around the country met on August 25 to share ideas, tips, and information about holding local events.
Watch the meeting:
- Tips for reaching out to area facilities
- Tips for hosting an initial meeting
- Sample invitation letter
- Online membership roster
- Sample welcome PowerPoint presentation
- Note: This three-slide presentation was created by the Heartland ACDIS Chapter, which began in 2012 and gathers CDI professionals from Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Illinois, and Kentucky.
- Sample meeting agenda
- Sample agenda for subsequent meetings
Now that you have had a few meetings and the group is energized and excited to continue meeting it is time to take a few “next steps.” You will need to choose leadership and sign an agreement form, determine meeting frequency and format, plan ahead for education components, and consider vendor involvement. In this section of the Local Chapter Leadership Toolkit you will find:
- ACDIS Local Chapter Agreement Form
- This agreement form must be signed by three core team volunteers from three different facilities annually.
- Core leaders who successfully complete one year of voluntary service are eligible for a discount on ACDIS National membership in the year following their service.
- Volunteers may electronically sign this document (e.g., ss://Melissa Varnavas) and completing the remaining information as indicated on the form.
- Sample roles and responsibilities for chapter leaders
- Sample meeting formats
- Expanding participation
- Preset meeting options
- Vendor involvement
- Sample Vendor Participation policy
- Sample vendor relationship disclaimer
- Sample ACDIS Local Chapter Vendor Exhibitor Policy
- Sample policy for Management of Associated Commercial Promotion in accordance with ANCC requirements employed by HCPro
- Sample policy and procedure for ensuring the integrity of educational sessions
Advancing Offerings, Continuing Growth
- Sample chapter bylaws
- Sample financial and dues collection processes
- Offering CCDS continuing credits
- Succession planning
Interested in starting a Local Chapter for ACDIS? Fill out an application below and an ACDIS National administrator will contact you!